Baby, it’s cold out there! I had first made this soup for a community education class, and this was a hit. I didn’t realize how simple soup-making was, especially if you have a Vitamix or a blender. This soup will keep you warm and cozy while nourishing you in the cold and snowy weather.
Wash and cut the butternut squash into cubes. Heat oil in a pot on medium heat and sauteè the onions with garlic, ginger, and cinnamon stick. This caramelizes the onion and brings out more flavor from the spices. Now add the butternut squash cubes and broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper and mix well. When the time is complete, give it a few minutes to cool off slightly and add in your favorite blender. Do not fill up the blender as there will not be enough room for pressure to escape. Blend it in sections, and there you have it. Simple, right? It really is that simple. Garnish it with your favorite herbs and serve. Add in some collagen for a protein boost. Enjoy!
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and cinnamon stick. cook for 5 minutes
- Add butternut squash pieces and broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Turn off the heat, carefully add to you blender half full then blend. It is better to do it in smaller portion so the pressure does not build in the blender.
- Garnish with cilantro
- Finally, don't forget to enjoy!