Creamy and decadent chocolate ice cream. It isn’t necessary to stop living. Every food can be enjoyed with the right ingredients to fit your lifestyle. Towards the end, when the ice cream is churning in the ice cream machine, you can add your favorite toppings to your heart’s desire. However, I highly recommend not to overload it. Keep the ice cream maker where you can still see it. Sometimes, overflow can occur. Keep an eye out. The one I use is Cuisinart 1.5 Quart.
***Make sure to read the manufacturer’s suggestions based on the ice cream machine.
- 1 cup Cacao Powder
- 2 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sugar
- 3/4 cup Xylitol
- 2 tso pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 24 hours before set your ice cream container in the freezer
- In a medium saucepan add cream, half and half, sweetener and cocoa powder until cocoa powder and xylitol is mostly dissolved. Over medium heat, stir occasionally and heat until mixture is steaming but not simmering, or 170F on a candy thermometer.
- Whisk egg yolks in a small bowl until smooth. Very slowly whisk in 1 cup of the hot cream mixture to temper the yolks. Then slowly whisk tempered yolks back into cream mixture, stirring constantly. Continue to cook until very hot, 175 – 180F
- Add chopped chocolate and let sit 1 minute to melt, then whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into ice cream machine and let it churn 20-30 minutes or manufacturer's instructions until ice cream is soft serve consistency.
- When ice cream is about the consistency of soft serve, transfer half to an airtight container
- Freeze until firm or 2 hours before enjoying it.