Low carb, sugar-free, and keto carrot cake. This is a crowd-pleaser and delicious. You can make it as fancy as I have or simply turn it into a simple cake. The hardest part of the grating the carrots but the rest is a piece of cake.
Let the cake cool after you remove it form the oven for about 15 minutes before you add frosting or decoration.
Without the frosting, it’s a little bit dry. That’s why a perfect companion is a piece of cake with some frosting and a hot cup of coffee, tea. Did anyone say dessert for breakfast? This is a perfect cake for a special occasion. I made this with love for our wedding anniversary!
- 2.5 cups carrots shredded/grated
- 2.5 cups almond flour blanched
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup kerrygold butter
- 3/4 cup erythritol
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder aluminum free
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (choc zero)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F
- In a large bowl add erythritol, butter, syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract, eggs, and beat until fluffy
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients - almond flour, bakign powder, himalayan salt, and cinnamon
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add grated carrots and chooped pecans.
- Spray the pan (bottom and sides) and add the mixture in the pan and bake
- Let teh cake cool off 15 minutes before add any frosting.