You want fries, and you want them to be healthy and low carb. I get it. So, here are some turnip fries. These do require a bit of muscle to cut, but they make great-tasting fries. You can cook them longer to make them even more crunchy if that is your style.
Wash turnips and cut them in half, then cut them lengthwise. This is the part where you can manipulate the shapes. I used a wavy knife to get this shape. Here are two of my favorite, wavy fries cutting tool 1 or wavy fries cutting tool 2. Which one you choose depends on your style of cooking and ease of use.
After your fries are cut in a beautiful shape, add all the seasoning and oil, toss and turn, then place them in the air fryer. I made these to go as a side with burgers. You can get creative on how you want to include them, and then please share. I would love to see the different styles of incorporating healthier foods on your plate.
Simply Turnip the Fryer
- 3 medium turnips
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Wash and dry turnips and cut them into sticks (fry shape) or any shape for that matter
- Pre-heat the air-fryer at 390°F degree
- Add all ingredients (turnips, spices, and oil) in a large bowl and mix
- Place it in the air fryer when it is ready
- At half point , about 15 minutes, make sure to shuffle the fries for a nice even cooking and color.